Saturday, January 16, 2010

DIY Snoot

One of the easiest light modifier to get started with is the snoot. I also realized that I wrote a quick blog already, so I will just link it here and add a bit more here.

http://jwangphoto.blogspot.com/2009/11/snoot-and.html

Along with some gels, you can have some real fun! Here's one I shot with two lights in my living room. I snooted and used a DIY grid for the light behind camera left, to give it a "spot light" effect. The light behind Chloe is just a sunpak with a blue gel on it.
American Idol - 4

Here's a single light, snoot with a diy grid.
D7D_0565

The DIY grid I made was just some cut straws glued together.

here's another two light setup:
coffee

strobist info:
Sunpak 422D camera left at 1/8 w/diy snoot and grid and 1/4 CTO. About 8' from cup.
Sunpak 30DX camera left, behind the cup at 1/16 w/diy snoot and 1/2 CTO. About 4 1/2' from the cup.
All triggered with CTR-301. D700 w/70-200VR at 200mm f/4, 1/30s ISO 250

Speaking of gels, I blog about this as well.
http://jwangphoto.blogspot.com/2009/10/gels.html

No comments:

Post a Comment